All efforts to be taken to ensure safe travelling on Parachinar road: Malik
|ISLAMABAD - 15th April 2011 (3 hours ago)|
Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Friday assured the National Assembly that all efforts would be taken to ensure safe traveling on Parachinar Road which was recently opened after two years under an agreement between two local tribes.
Replying to a Calling Attention Notice raised by Noor ul Haq Qadri, Hameed Ullah Jan Afridi, Zafar Beg Bhittani and others regarding attack on passenger vehicles on Parachinar Road by terrorists, the minister said the road remained closed for travelling for the last two years and it was opened under agreement between two tribes of the areas.
He said the agreement is a good omen for facilitating the people of the area. However, he said that terrorists always used terror as a weapon. He said that he has ordered FC General to conduct inquiry and ensure security in the area.
The minister said that he would also hold meeting with FATA parliamentarians and local elders to prepare a comprehensive strategy to ensure security to the people travelling on the road.
He said the security and patrolling of the road would also be enhanced and aerial surveillance would be carried if needed.
Malik said that currently Parachinar airport is not functional and Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) would be requested to make arrangement for landing of large aircraft as only small plane could land there.
He said the government had started helicopter service from Peshawar to Parachinar to facilitate the people.
Noor-ul Qadri said that it is a very complicated issue and around 500 people have lost their lives and 6000 sustained injuries so far.
Farah Naz Ispfahani and Zafar Beg said that permanent solution of the issue should be sorted out as people of the area are facing immense hardship and they have to use Afghanistan route to come to Peshawar.
Earlier,speaking on a point of order, Nawab Yusuf Talpur said that District Coordination Officer Umerkot implicated his son Taimoor Talpur in a fake case for his alleged murder attempt on him.
He said an inquiry should be conducted through a high court judge into the matter.He said it is serious allegation against his son who is also a member of Sindh Assembly. "If action is not taken against such bureaucrats then it will be very embarrassing situation for parliamentarians," he added.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said he would submit inquiry report into the matter in the House on Monday.
Deputy Speaker Fasial Karim Kundi said,"let come the report into the House. If the honorable member is not satisfied with the report then the matter will be referred to the committee."
Meanwhile, Minister for Water and Power Syed Naveed Qamar informed the House that water is at dead level in Tarbela Dam due to low inflow in the rivers and delay in melting of snow.
Friday, April 15, 2011